“The earth laughs in flowers’ – Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Royal Horticultural Society’s annual Chelsea In Bloom Competition is always the highlight of the May calendar in London. Retailer entrants have built floral installations in about 80 locations around the capital city, including shop-fronts and restaurants. This year’s Chelsea In Bloom theme, “Under The Sea” has thrown up everything from seahorses to octopi, from the whimsy to the straight up crazy-creative. This botanical mania does nothing if it doesn’t inspire a million ideas for the flowers at the event you are currently organising, easily and seamlessly integrated and adding grace and beauty to the ambience.
So at The Source, we thought we’d be on trend and find you the best way to incorporate sea-themed flowers into your party, inspired by the competition’s amazing UK-based florist savants!
1. The Bridal Bouquet – chic but fun, just like those installations!
2. The Entrance – start as you mean to go on, bright and happy!
3. The Ceiling – a flower canopy, breath-taking!
4. The Table Centre – inspired by the Competition’s sumptuous foliage
5. The Flower Wall – perfect for photos.
Go on! See how perfect, sea-perfect can be and let your inner marine blossom!