Georgia‚Äôs Xmas Macarons
It‚Äôs getting to that time of year where baking becomes everyones priority, so why not try something different with Georgia‚Äôs Xmas Macarons!
100g ground almonds 85g icing sugar
15g cocoa powder 37g egg white
100g caster sugar 37g egg white
100g dark chocolate 100ml double cream
200g icing sugar
1 egg white
Food colouring (red and green)
– Sieve together ground almonds, icing sugar and cocoa powder
– Add 1st egg white
– Boil caster sugar with a splash of water to 118
– Whisk second egg white and pour in hot sugar and wait until its cool – Mix the meringue into the almond mix until combined
– Pipe circles onto a lined baking tray
– Tap to release air bubbles and leave for 20 mins
– Cook at 135 for 15 mins and leave to cool
– Heat up cream until steaming
– Pour over chocolate and mix through until it melts
– Leave to cool and set in fridge until consistency to pipe
– Whisk together egg white and icing sugar
– Separate into different bowls and colour red and green and leave some white – Fill into piping bags
– Pipe the chocolate filling onto one side of the macaron and squeeze another shell on top – Decorate the top of the macaron to make it look like a christmas pudding!
To order Georgias Cakes click here.