Afternoon Tea is such a wonderfully English tradition, it is no surprise that National afternoon tea week is in full swing this week. It celebrates the great heritage of afternoon tea in the Uk and has prompted a huge variety of initiatives in London’s top hotels, restaurants and retailers.
National afternoon tea week was established to make it even easier for the public to get involved in a quintessentially English tradition.
Here is The Source selection of the best Teas in London to put on your bucket list;
- The Intercontinental Hotel, Park Lane, London is offering a scent inspired tea in conjunction with a bespoke perfumer. It will see Scents of Summer Afternoon Tea come alive with a “sensory journey”.
- The Corinthia hotel, London has taken inspiration for their afternoon tea from childhood memories. Childhood favourite flavours turned into fancy cakes – Jaffa cake is a Chocolate Orange Pave, Snickers is a Peanut Mousse, Aerated Salted Caramel and Bubblegum macaroons, YUM.
- If cucumber sandwiches aren’t your thing then The Arch London’s Street Food Afternoon Tea may well be!¬†Embracing the wonderfully diverse, multicultural flavours found in London‚Äôs Street Food scene, The Arch London’s new Afternoon Tea will give guests a taste of foods from around the world, not simply Britain.¬†Warm apple filled doughnuts, mini gourmet burgers with onion marmalade replace the traditional scones with jam.¬†The Afternoon Tea will be available with a range of exotic cocktails with flavours from around the world, including ‚ÄėIndian Clouds‚Äô a martini made with Jasmine Tea infused Bombay Sapphire.
- Cucina Asellina in the ME Hotel will transport you to Italy. An Italian feast awaits you with Italian inspired sandwiches served on focaccia bread, red berry tiramisu, Sardinian style amaretti biscuits.
- A fabulous tea for young and old inspired by the West End musical charlie And the Chocolate Factory had been created at One Aldwych. In Celebration of the¬†most magical musical, they have created a scrumdiddlyumptious afternoon tea.¬†From decadent golden eggs to blueberry brioche and playful flavoured candy floss, every item reflects the wit and wonder of Roald Dahl’s classic tale.
- If you missed the chelsea Flower Show now is your opportunity to treat yourself to the floral inspired tea at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower. They have created a floral treat including a rosewater and raspberry flower tart, a mini plant pot with chocolate mousse and orange blossom scones.
- For afternoon tea inspired by the BBC Proms, get your self to The Ampersands Music Themed tea. With limited edition opera cake, gingerbread double bass, chocolate rice pudding and raspberry macaroons.
- And one for the lads – Gentlemen’s Afternoon Tea at Althenaeum Hotel. Savoury treats such as miniature beef steak and ale pie, wild boar sausage Rolls, cheese straws, crispy bacon scones and a delicious shot of Single Malt whisky.
Have a great time enjoying National afternoon tea week 2015 and do let us know your favourites! P.S If you are watching your waistline then pop over to Harrods. They¬†will be holding a Tea Tasting Masterclass in it’s Georgian Restaurant where experts will be guiding visitors through different types, their origins and various blends.
If these London establishments have given you inspiration for you own National afternoon tea week get together, why not consider using our caterers at The Source to create your own personal themed tea. For the complete look, Amara Living has beautiful new collections of the latest designer crockery!