Georgiaâ€™s Xmas Macarons
Itâ€™s getting to that time of year where baking becomes everyones priority, so why not try something different with Georgiaâ€™s Xmas Macarons!
100g ground almonds 85g icing sugar
15g cocoa powder 37g egg white
100g caster sugar 37g egg white
100g dark chocolate 100ml double cream
200g icing sugar
1 egg white
Food colouring (red and green)
– Sieve together ground almonds, icing sugar and cocoa powder
– Add 1st egg white
– Boil caster sugar with a splash of water to 118
– Whisk second egg white and pour in hot sugar and wait until its cool – Mix the meringue into the almond mix until combined
– Pipe circles onto a lined baking tray
– Tap to release air bubbles and leave for 20 mins
– Cook at 135 for 15 mins and leave to cool
– Heat up cream until steaming
– Pour over chocolate and mix through until it melts
– Leave to cool and set in fridge until consistency to pipe
– Whisk together egg white and icing sugar
– Separate into different bowls and colour red and green and leave some white – Fill into piping bags
– Pipe the chocolate filling onto one side of the macaron and squeeze another shell on top – Decorate the top of the macaron to make it look like a christmas pudding!
To order Georgias Cakes click here.