5 ways to bring your escort cards to life!
Escort cards are a fun way to expose your personality as the host/bride/groom at an event, it shows a side of you and about you that others might not have known – something that represents what you and this occasion is all about. Even in a traditional setting, escort cards can lend a sense of cheekiness or sentiment.
1. Tiny photos of the couple in a real picture frame, made of silver or anything that suits your colour scheme. Write the name and table number on the back of the frame and the guest gets to take it home as a party-favour too!
2. If it’s an out-door wedding, why not attach vintage seed packets to escort cards, seeds imply a blossoming future and the guest gets to take it home and plant flowers in memory of your occasion. Does it get more sentimental and special?
3. More and more escort cards are become part of an interesting installation or feature at a reception, sometimes floral ones are the most impressive. Recently, I’ve seen WHiTEPAPER Event creating a grand entrance with a bespoke tree to die for, gold foiled escort cards and candles hanging off the branches. Or a walkway of garlands hanging from the ceiling with the cards attached on the ends. It’s a talking point, a showstopper, why not start as you mean to go on?
4. Again if the “feel” of the occasion is vintage-slash-rustic how about going old school.
Hand embroidered handkerchiefs with the wedding date or initials of the couple and then attached by a ribbon is the actual escort card. It’s a soft but effective touch and the hankies could differ for the gender of your guests.
5. Whether your going for a Chinese theme or not, the fortune cookie is so explanatory in it’s goodwill that it would be perfect for a birthday party or even a corporate event. Now, now, don’t think pasty beige-coloured crackers in cellophane! Today you’d have them made in whatever colour suits the occasion and include any wishes for your guests in the note. It’s the personal touch that counts after all!
PS, I couldn’t resist showing you this one, a personal favourite!