Life is all about balance and living a healthy lifestyle. Maintaining this is important for both our physical and mental wellbeing. However, a key part of this healthy lifestyle is release, friends, family and a little party here and there!¬† As the festive season approaches, these releases become more frequent and more important as we come together and celebrate.
Many of us find it difficult to incorporate a healthy routine alongside these festivities, so we‚Äôve got a few lifestyle ideas that will help ensure you maintain balance through the mince pie months!
- Cold pressed juice is one of the most healthy, fresh and nutritious ways to do this. Drinking juices containing fruit with a naturally high electrolyte and water level (ie watermelons or coconut water) will ensure you stay hydrated, meaning they‚Äôre perfect as a pre-party drink and will also lessen the ‚Äėmorning after‚Äô headache!
- Exercising after a night out is also a great way to recover, although it may feel like the last thing you want to do! Light outdoor exercise will increase oxygen uptake and boost circulation (especially helpful for the brain), helping to replenish lost minerals and sweat out the toxins ingested the night before!
- Green juices are full of Calcium, Antioxidants, Magnesium, Iron and Vitamins A, B6, C, K making them absolutely essential to a speedy and well rounded hangover recovery!
- Additionally, healthy doesn‚Äôt always have to be the prevention or the cure, it can be part of the fun too! Mixing health-promoting drinks such as cold-pressed juices or kombucha with your spirit of choice provides you with the ultimate cocktail. We wouldn‚Äôt go as far as saying this combination is perfect for your health, but it certainly tastes amazing and is miles better for you than any other mixer!
- Working your way into the New Year, eliminating fat, sugar and caffeine from your diet in the form of a juice fast is the perfect beginning to a new you. Flooding your system with more nutrients than you could possibly eat in 3 days, you are also buying yourself some non-negotiable will power. Juice cleanses remove all processed food and drink from your day to day routine, allowing you to kick start healthy weight loss, increase focus and reset your eating habits.